Putting logos on a kicad board isn’t terribly hard, just slightly annoying.
Instructions for old kicad from komar’s techblog Useful except that they used the old file format, so I just took the approach and used svg2mod instead.
svg2mod turns an svg into a
Edit svg2mod.py so we can run it, also fix the shebang line or just call it with python2
- take image you want, as vector. In inkscape, have two layers with the thing on it.
- With mask, do this path offset thing a few times
- now the mask is slightly bigger
- save svg.
python2 svg2mod/svg2mod.py -i i3logoCombined.svg -o i3logoCombined
i3logoCombined.kicad_modinto your pcbnew library list thing, import footprint
- It’s the wrong size.
- Resize it in inkscape, set units to mm, it will translate properly.
- Shouldn’t have to completely restart kicad when updating the footprint, just open and close library manager.
– Update 2018-11-12: Add header image